- Knee pain is a very growing problem, because of various factors including a sedentary lifestyle.
- Knee pain can be caused by a sudden injury, an overuse injury,
- or by an underlying condition, such as arthritis.
- Treatment will vary depending on the cause.
- Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness.
Osteoarthritis is one such disease wherein a rise in incidence is being observed owing to faulty diet and lifestyle. This disease usually affects in the fourth decade, and the occurrence increases linearly with age.
Unilateral Osteoarthritis is more prevalent in male and bilateral Osteoarthritis in female.It is a degenerative disease characterized by loss of articular cartilage and synovial inflammation, joint stiffness, swelling, pain, and loss of mobility being its hallmark symptoms.The disease has a propensity to affect the weight-bearing joints such as the knee and hip most commonly and is hence a potent cause of disability.