Introduction of Shirodhara :
- Shirodhara is a form of Ayurveda therapy that involves pouring warm liquids gently over the forehead.
- The liquid is poured in an oscillating pattern from a particular height and for a specific amount of time in a continuous stream onto the forehead, and then allowed to run over the scalp and through the hair in a soothing rhythm.
- The name comes from the Sanskrit words Shira (head – although in this case it is the forehead) and Dhara(flow).
Indications of Shirodhara :
- Shirodhara is used to treat a number of disorders as well as for relaxing purposes.
- The diseases include insomnia, memory loss, premature greying of hair, eye diseases, hearing impairment, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, skin disorder like psoriasis, and so on.
- Shirodhara also helps to soothe in psychological disorders like anxiety, emotional imbalances, depression etc.