Introduction of Raktamokshana group :
- Raktamokshana is a important procedure practicing by surgical school of ayurveda since from thousands of years.
- The combined meaning of the word Rakta+mokshana is , a process in which the vitiated blood is expelled out from the body by many ways like Leech, Alabu, Sringi, Shire bhed is known as Raktamokshana .
- Letting out an impure blood from the body by many ways like Leech, Alabu, Sringi, Shire bhed is known as Raktamokshana .
- Raktamokshana,raktaharana, shonitasravana, raktavisravana, asrukmokshana etc.
Indications of Raktamokshana :
- Wound-Raktamokshana with Shringa, Jaloka and Pracchana
- Skin disorders-Once in Every six months with jalouka/siravyadha
- Alopacia - pracchan,
- Eliphantoisis-Jalokavcharana and sira vyadhana