Introduction of Kawal - Gandush :
- The main aim of Ayurveda is to preserve the healthy person as remains healthy and also treat or cure the person who is suffered from illness in such a way that the disease is snatch away from the person who have suffered.
- Mouth is considered as the mirror of the health of human body. Oral cavity harbours billions of microorganisms; some of these contribute to the development or progression of systemic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, etc.
According to the classical Ayurvedic text Charak Samhita, oil pulling can be done in two ways: Kaval and Gandusha.
In Gandusha, the mouth is filled completely with liquid and held for 5 to 15 minutes.
In Kavala Graha, a smaller amount of liquid is held in the mouth and swished through the teeth for 5 to 15 minutes, then gargled and spit out.
Indications s of Kawala :
- Shiro roga (disease of head)
- manya roga (disease of neck)
- mukha roga (diseases of osta, danthamoola, dantha, jihwa, talu, gala, etc.)
- Akshi roga(disease of eyes)
- karna roga (disease of ear)
- praseka (excessive salivation)
- kanta roga (disorders of throat)