Introduction of Abhyanga :
- Ayurveda is a science of life.
- “Prevention is better than cure” is the basic and fundamental concept of Ayurveda.
- Unlike modern medicine, Ayurveda treats the individual and not merely the disease.
- To keep fit and healthy everyone should adopt a proper healthy lifestyle.
- Therefore everyone should understand the importance of Dinacharya (daily regimen) mentioned in various Samhita granthas.
- Dinacharya is an instrument in the prevention of disease and promotion of ideal health.
Indications of Abhyanga:
- Abhyanga as a daily practice is a must for people who are pressured with the stress and strain of modern civilization.
2 . Abhyanga should be advised to a person who is suffering from Nidranasha (Insomnia)
3 . Diseases cause by vitiated Vata Dosha
- Person who is doing coitus (sex) regularly
- The person having rough skin and lean and thin body structure.
- Those who suffer from mental stress and strain
- The person who are fit for Swedana Therapy
- The person who is indulge in heavy physical exercise and physical work